Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We Ought Naught Worry

Many times I've worried about what the next day will bring. On occasion I'd wonder: what am I going to eat? Where am I going to find that important document I misplaced? What is so-and-so going to say to me which I might not have a retort? How am I going to make it through an arduous day? Then, when tomorrow is here I find myself smiling because I worried so much about it and I shouldn't have; because I know that all my needs will be met & and my concerns will come to naught. Just yesterday I had forgotten to grab something to eat for breakfast and as I was driving I was mentally kicking myself for not getting something - but God provided. Someone had made a German chocolate baked dish and it was in the employee kitchen - aha - breakfast! Unfortunately, it wasn't a very healthy accompaniment to my coffee, but it stymied hunger pains until lunch! When things like this happen I'm reminded of Matthew 6:25-34, which specifically states that we're not to worry about things like this - oh you of little faith! Yep, sometimes that's me, having little faith. But it's the little things like that which constantly remind me that my faith may be the size of a mustard seed, but God can move a mountain - or what may be mountain-like to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment